Neuroworx is an outpatient physical therapy clinic in South Jordan, UT specializing in neuro-rehabilitation of individuals with paralysis due to spinal cord injuries, brain injuries and strokes.
Join us on January 27, 2015 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm EST for the free webinar, “The Use of Aquatic Therapy for Neurological Rehabilitation.” Jan Black, Clinic Director at Neuroworx, will demonstrate the application of neurological rehabilitation principles in an aquatic environment. She will review the properties of water that are beneficial for the treatment of neurological conditions. She will also describe how aquatic therapy can be combined with other interventions such as locomotor training to accelerate progress and improve outcomes for gait, balance, kinematics and overall functional mobility. These concepts will be illustrated with a case presentation of an individual with a traumatic brain injury.
Attendees will learn:
- The properties of water that are beneficial for neurological conditions
- How combining other interventions along with aquatic therapy can accelerate progress
- The improved outcomes that can be seen from aquatic therapy
- How to implement locomotor training in an aquatic setting
- The effect of these concepts on a specific case study